Finding a great 3D modeling software isn’t easy as there are hundreds of programs on the internet claiming to offer the best product.
However, not everyone offers what they claim but some reliable and widely used programs. Also, they are available and one of them is Fusion 360 from Autodesk.
Although, We won’t recommend you to straightaway pick this software without knowing the pros and cons of Autodesk Fusion 360.
What Is Autodesk Fusion 360?
Before we share Fusion 360 advantages and disadvantages with you, let’s know what Fusion 360 is?
Fusion 360 from Autodesk is a cloud-based program that users can use to create 2D & 3D models of product design and manufacturing.
Although, you can do much more with Fusion 360 rather than creating a model, such as animating the design, object rendering, simulate loads, etc.
Many small and large businesses use this program to create the prototype of their products as it also offers CAD, CAM, and CAE capabilities.
It Supports Windows and Mac devices.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Fusion 360?
Getting to know about the pros and cons of a product before purchasing gives you a slight advantage. Also, you’ll be able to know if you based on need that product and does it fulfill your requirements.
To make sure you get the same advantage, here we will be sharing Fusion 360 advantages and disadvantages with you.
What Are The Benefits Of Fusion 360?
Since Autodesk Fusion is Popular and widely used. It has many advantages of Fusion 360 are also there that make it one of the best CAD + CAM software. Have a look at some of the major benefits of Fusion 360.
- This is a cloud-based software that allows you to access files on the go. The cloud-based system lets you work along with your team members on the same files at the same time. Additionally, It offers easy updated and security fixes.
- The interface Autodesk offers with Fusion 360 is intuitive and easy to understand. Navigation is easy to features as most of them will be available at your fingertips.
- Parametric design is one of the unique features offered by Autodesk that let you do the last-minute tiny changes without affecting the quality of the whole design. With Parametric design, you can change some ensign parameters after completing your project.
- For Students, Autodesk offers a free version as Fusion 360 students. Also, You can use it for free for non-commercial uses. The main aim of the free version of this software is to educate people and this is one of the major benefits of Autodesk Fusion 360.
- You can export files that are compatible with 3D printers available in the market.
- The customer support team of Autodesk always does a great job whenever you are stuck. The professional experts leave no stone unturned to resolve your queries & product-related issues.
What Are The Limitations Of Fusion 360?
Despite being an advanced program, There are some Autodesk Fusion 360 limitations that one should consider before making any decision. Below we have mentioned some of the major disadvantages of Fusion 360.
- Being a Cloud-based software is an advantage but it requires a stable as well as faster internet connection to access the files.
- If your Internet connection is lost or poor, you won’t be able to access the project files you are working on. This is one of the major cons of Fusion 360 that has made many users look for Autodesk Fusion 360 alternatives.
- Usually, Programs let you customize the key but with Autodesk Fusion 360, you won’t be able to customize your keyboard shortcut keys.
- Fusion 360 uses a large space of your system resources, so you may sometimes feel your system’s laggy performance. It is recommended to have a system with high specifications for better and smoother performance.
Conclusion For Advantages And Disadvantages Of Autodesk Fusion 360
These Pros and cons of Autodesk Fusion 360 will help you to see if the product fulfills your requirement or not. To make you more confident, we will compare Fusion 360 with Solidwork which is one of its toughest competitors. The comparison will be done based on system requirements, reliability, a supported device, and many other aspects.