1Password is a leading password managing software and is also used by many millions of users. This software comes with some astounding features that let users generate strong passwords and safely storing them. However, if you don’t find it useful then you can opt for one of the alternatives to 1Password. Here, we have mentioned some of the best 1Password alternative, but before that let’s have a look at what are the prime features of 1Password.
Major attributes of 1Password
1Password is considered one of the best password managing software, this is mainly due to the amazing features provided by this software:
The major benefits linked to the use of this software are:
- It is easy to use and can be used by a maximum of 20 users with a single license.
- Uses industry best AES-256-bit encryption for securing the data.
- Provides real-time if it finds any of your passwords is being comprised or is invulnerable.
- Provides up to 1GB of secured space for storing the files.
- It can be used on various devices including Windows, Android, iOS, macOS.
- You can also restore all your deleted passwords within one year of deletion.
So, these are some of the best 1Password features. If you didn’t find these features useful then you should surely opt for any of the 1Password alternatives. In the ascending section, we have mentioned some of the best alternatives to 1Password.
What Are the Best 1Password Alternative in 2021?
There are tons of password managing software available in the market and it is impossible to consider all of them. So, here we have picked the 4 best alternatives to 1Password or we can say 1Password competitors that provide amazing features for managing passwords.
The very first name featured in our list of 1Password alternatives is LastPass. It is a product of LogMeIn and provides cloud-based password managing software for both individuals and businesses. Through this software, you can store all your password in a secure place and can access them from anywhere around the globe. The major features of this software are:
- Easy to use: It is very easy to use this software. With just one click, you can store all your passwords of the various websites in one place. Additionally, you can access all of them anytime from anywhere.
- Store various kinds of data: This software is not only limited to passwords. Besides, you can store other confidential data like Card Numbers, Wi-Fi passcodes, etc.
- Autofill: This software also comes with an autofill option. While signing up on a website or filling an online form, this software will automatically fill in all your necessary that necessary details on its own.
- Password Generator: Like others password managers, this software also comes with an inbuilt password generator. Through this, you can create long randomized passwords that are almost impossible to bypass.
- Safe sharing: With LastPass, you can safely share all your passwords. It uses AES-256-bit encryption for keeping all your data secure.
- Alerts: This software also keeps surveillance on the dark web. If it finds any of your passwords is compromised, it will alert you.
- Free software: It also provides a free version that you can use as long as you want. However, this version is restricted and provides only some basic features.
Price of LastPass
LastPass provides two kinds of plans mainly for Individuals/Families and Businesses. The basic pricing of its Individual plan starts from $3/month whereas its business pricing starts from $3 per added user for each month.
Keeper is a very safe password managing software and is considered one of the prime 1Password competitors. It was founded by Darren Guccione and Craig Lurey in 2009. This software mainly provides business-oriented tools and is also used by millions of users. The major features that are included in the Keeper Plans are:
- Secured Vault: Keeper provides a safe and secure vault, protected by PBKDF2 encryption to its users. Here you can store as many passwords as you want without any limitation.
- No Device Limit: The personal and family plans of the Keeper also support unlimited device usage. However, in the case of the business plans, you will be billed on the basis of the number of users.
- Generate Passwords: It also comes with a Keeper Random Password Generator. It automatically generator strong passwords for you by mixing string and number. Besides, it also reminds you to change your passwords every six months for better security.
- Store Files: It also allows users to store files in the safe vault of Keeper. However, this feature can only be excised if you opt for its advanced or bundled plans.
- Set Fingerprint and Face ID: For taking security one step ahead, Keeper allows users to set their biometrics like fingerprints or face ID as their passwords.
Price of Keeper Security
The plans of Keeper are categorized according to the usage and the basic pricing of its various plans is as follows:
|Plan Type||Starts from|
|Personal Plan||$2.91/per month|
|Family Plan||$6.24/per month|
|Business Plan||$3.75/per user/per month|
|Enterprise Plan||Not specified|
RoboForm is providing its services for more than two decades and was founded in 1999. It is a product of Siber Systems, a US-based tech firm. It is very easy to start working with software and can be used on various devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Additionally, you can use it on browsers including Microsoft Edge. The key attributes of this software are:
- One-click safe storage: With RoboForm, you can store all your passwords easily in just one click. Additionally, it comes with an auto-fill option that automatically fills login forms or other web-based forms.
- Best class security: In terms of security, RoboForm is as much secure as some of the best password managing software. It uses PBKDF2 SHA-256 encryption for safeguarding a user’s passwords.
- Password generator: This software also comes with an inbuilt password generator. Through this software, you can create strong and unique passwords for various sites.
- Secured sharing: It also provides some easy sharing options by using which you can safely share passwords with your colleagues, family members, or friends.
Price of RoboForm Security
RoboForm provides two kinds of plans, Personal and Business, and the basic monthly pricing of these plans starts from $1.99 and $3.35 respectively.
KeePass Password Safe
KeePass is one of the 1Password alternative open sources. It is also certified by OSI which shows that it is also reliable. Using this password can help in safely storing all your passwords in one place. The key features of this software are:
- Secure Vault: KeePass provides a vault where you can keep all your passwords. This vault is secured by using AES-256-bit encryption.
- Use without installing: This software is portable and you can even use it without installing it on your device. Additionally, it provides web-based applications that can be installed in Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices along with some browsers.
- Import or Export Passwords: KeePass also provides multiple passcodes importing and exporting options. You can export or import your passwords in the form of text, HTML, or excel files.
- Available in multiple languages: This software is available in around 45 languages. The major supported languages are English, Chinese, etc.
Price of KeePass
As mentioned earlier, KeePass is open-source software and like most of the other open-source software, it also doesn’t cost money. It is the best free 1Password alternative and you can download it from the official website of KeePass.
The Bottom Line
So, these are some of the best 1Password alternatives. It is very easy to start working with them and most of them can be used for both personal and professional usage. And the best thing is that all of this software is completely safe and is even used by millions of users. So, you can use any of these alternatives to 1Password without any worry.